Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Looking Glass Wars


The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read this trilogy recently. Usually, I hate it when authors take established stories and 'try to make them their own'. I hate it when directors of movies do it, too. My POV is that they should either honor the original work or come up with their own idea. This book is one of the few that I think the reimagining did nothing to detract from the original and was a fun read. Beddor did an excellent job of reminding us of Carroll's original work while he took us off on a whole new tangent, telling us the 'real' story of Alyss.

Not something I would allow my kids to read before they are 12, due to subject matter (sororicide, hate, malice, unforgiving, etc.).

Kindle Edition: The Looking Glass Wars

No comments:

Post a Comment