Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Great Dinosaur Race


The Great Dinosaur Race. (Fun Rhyming Children's Books) by Lily Lexington
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I got this book for free on my Kindle a few weeks back but hadn't gotten around to reading it. I was just settling down to a good book when my 2-year-old woke up from a nightmare crying and shaking like a leaf. Since I already had my kindle out, decided to go with this instead of searching through a dark house risking waking up kids to find a picture book.

This was a good kid's book. The illustrations are nicely done and detailed even in B&W on my old-fashioned Kindle (LOL). I think they're in color if you have a new e-reader. The rhyming was simple enough for my almost 3-year-old to follow along, but also introduced her a few new words. The story was engaging and kept her attention the whole time. It also has a nice little lesson as the moral of the story. It did just the trick for my little one, helping her to calm down without putting her to sleep (cuz I wanted her to go back to her own bed). I'd definitely recommend it to others, especially if you have a dinosaur loving child!

No comments:

Post a Comment