Friday, September 21, 2012

Photographs & Phantoms


Photographs & Phantoms (Gaslight Chronicles) by Cindy Spencer Pape
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Seriously, what is it with books and movies these days being overrun by sex!? The book industry needs a rating system, because I'm getting awfully tired of starting a book, getting into and then getting surprised by a bedroom scene! This book would be rated R, possible NC-17, so definitely not for this lady to read. The scene is about half way through the book. I'd enjoyed the dialogue up until that point, but had to put it down because it wasn't a small section that could be easily skipped. Too bad, I'd've liked to finish the story and find out what caused the shadows. I suspect it's Peterson, but I'll never know. Oh well - onto better things! This is why I normally stay in the YA section! Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment