Friday, September 21, 2012

Never Ever After


Never Ever After: Three Short Stories by Ruth Nestvold
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't really know what to say about this small collection of short stories. Truthfully, I probably never would have read them if I hadn't gotten them for free on my Kindle. Were they astounding short stories that filled my mind with wonder at what happened later, like Asimov and McCaffrey short stories have done for me before. No, not really. But they were well told stories that didn't leave me griping at the open endedness of them. They formed clear pictures in my mind and were a very quick read (took me less than an hour). And I enjoyed the use of Irish folklore (something I've always found beautiful). But they didn't inspire me with a desire to know more. Also, there is the lack of morality of the characters. Really, is it so hard to write a story where people aren't sleeping around outside of marriage or betraying their lawfully wed spouses?

No comments:

Post a Comment