Thursday, September 20, 2012

So You're Thinking About Homeschooling


So You're Thinking About Homeschooling: Second Edition: Fifteen Families Show How You Can Do It (Focus on the Family) by Lisa Whelchel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yay, I finished my first book about homeschooling! And I think Heavenly Father was blessing me in my first choice.

This book is great for a person considering homeschooling that has no background in it. She takes seventeen short, easy to read chapters to indroduce the reader to fifteen different ways of homeschooling. Obviously, these are not the only ways, but it is a great introduction to what is available.

The books chapters are very relaxing to read, almost like having a conversation (she intentionally designed it this way) to give you an idea of what different homeschool families could be like, after interviewing hundreds of real families.

My favorite thing? At the end of the book, there is an appendix that is 21 pages of contact information for different learning styles, homeschool associations, supply sources, etc. I can't wait to dig through these websites tonight!

PS - I didn't even realize the author was Blair from Facts of Life until I was already reading the book, despite her picture being on the front cover. LOL!

Kindle Edition: So You're Thinking About Homeschooling: Second Edition: Fifteen Families Show How You Can Do It (Focus on the Family)

No comments:

Post a Comment