Thursday, September 20, 2012

ArchEnemy


ArchEnemy: The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

To be honest, I only finished this book to wrap up the series. I loved the first book, liked the second book, but the final is meh. It feels very rushed, like the author was out of ideas and just wanted to wrap it up. It also read much like a screenplan (not too surprising) considering the author's history in the movie industry. The book strayed too much from Alyss and Redd, the characters that made the first book pop. We spend a lot more time with Molly Homburg and Arch in this one - who, frankly, I'm not much interested in. The book leaves Alyss and Dodge hanging for so long, that by the end I don't really care if they end up together or not. I will say, I was always interested in how things were going to end up for Hatter Madigan. His character remains true and interesting through all three books, so I may read his spinoff series.

Kindle Edition: ArchEnemy: The Looking Glass Wars, Book Three (Looking Glass Wars Trilogy)

No comments:

Post a Comment